Tuesday 13 October 2009

Sing Birdies, Sing

I am not a person for New Years resolutions; instead, I strive every day to find something positive to see in others even when they lead their lives in the grey, dark, misty places of negativity and bitterness. It must be a very cold place, living in a world where everything someone else does, irritates you. A world where the sun never truly shines and never casts warmth and light.

Do not get me wrong, I love a good rant, but once the rant is done, I am over it. Until the next rant creeps up on me, unexpectedly!

The sun is beaming through the window of the office. My old dog is snoring on the doorstep. The leaves are clinging onto the trees stubbornly refusing to change colour. Everyone is out at work and the village is peaceful. What more can you ask for? Perhaps that is where the answer lies. The simple things are truly the most important. If we spent more time letting the sun truly warm us perhaps some of us could thaw our souls out a little.

When the birds outside my office sing, they sing in harmony. It isn’t scripted, each bird sings a different song but en masse, it may as well be a symphony. There are no pre-dawn meetings needed to discuss the tempo or the rhythm, each one is an individual and each voice is important. There is no fighting for supremacy, no under-hand 'knobbling' of the opposition, no greed for adulation. Perhaps out politicians should spend more time in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment